Friday, July 20, 2012

Quotes on Inspiration & Motivation

The measure of our worth is inside our heads and hearts not outside in personal possessions.
                                                                        Marian Wright Edelman

Service is the rent each of us pays for living. It is the very purpose of life.
                                                                       Marian Wright Edelman
                                                                       

Before we start trying to understand which children need additional supports, let's make sure the foundation is there.
                                  Virginia Buysse

When I get bogged down with paperwork, I say okay take 20 minutes, go see the children so you don't forget what you're doing all this for.
                                                                       Raymond Hernandez

I'm not here to save the world, I'm here just to make a difference in the community that I'm working for.                                                                  Raymond Hernandez
                                                                    

I had a built in passion that it was important to make real contributions in the world, to fix all the injustices that existed in the world and I wanted to do that through teaching.
                                                                                                       Louise Derman-Sparks
                                                                      

I have a passion to make sure all children are taught in environments and in ways that truly nurture their ability to grow and develop to their fullest ability.
                                                                                                       Louise Derman-Sparks

2 comments:

  1. Mary Jo, I enjoyed reading all of your quotes. I especially enjoyed the second quote posted by Louise Derman-Sparks. I too used this quote. While watching the media presentation, I really enjoyed her passion and motivation to help children and could really relate to her work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many wonderful quotes.. I especially loved the one by Virginia Buysse. It's always great to help children, but we must first find out what they need. Fix the foundation first then we can start the process to heal.

    ReplyDelete