Monday, October 21, 2013

Final Blog

Last week we talked about the adjourning phase of a group or team. However now that it is real this week, it is much harder to describe. So many times, responding to a discussion or a blog was such a positive escape from the real world of people who are prejudice, hurtful, and so closed-minded. I often wished that I could have some of you with me all day as I went about doing my work. You could encourage me when others bring me down. But then I realized that you can be with me all day. I have gained more from all of you than you will ever know. It may have been a simple sentence in a blog response or something more insightful in a discussion. In difficult times, I can go back in my memory and think of all the encouragement and knowledge all of you have given me. This can help me through those hard times. How different my perspectives are on many aspects of life now that I have gone through these courses. I have grown as a student, a professional, and as a person. I am truly a better person for having known and learned from all of you. I wish all of you the very best as we move forward. I hope that I talk to some of you in the Public Policy and Advocacy concentration. If we don't meet again, always know that you were very special to me and that we were a part of something so much bigger than ourselves. The sum of the parts are greater than the individual parts. I am so grateful to have been a part of this team.

Take Care,
Mary Jo

5 comments:

  1. Mary Jo,

    I have enjoyed reading you discussion posts and blogs and felt like I learned something new from you each week. I always offered an interesting perspective and an honest approach to the topic at hand. I was a Quality Rating System coach for a QRS pilot project several years ago and so felt and immediate connection to you and the work that you do. After having to drop out temporarily, I recently started taking classes again. I was afraid that I would not find another group as great as the cohort I started with, but you have proved me wrong. I don’t know what specialty you are pursuing, but I hope that we will have the chance to be in the same group/class again. If you are going another direction, I wish you the best of luck. You will be successful in what ever you do. Please feel free to contact me if you like.
    geralyn.sosinski@waldenu.edu or tsosinski@sbcglobal.net

    With warm regards,

    Geralyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary Jo,
    Sometime reading others post helps a person to better understand what they are writing about. My colleagues have helps me a great deal in understanding the real communication. I wish you well on your journey, but also I hope to communicate with you in other courses. Thanks and good luck!!

    Ida

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to say thank you for being such an encourager in my life a positive one at that . We have came along way and still have a long way to go. But my the help of God we can make it's essential to keep God in our lives. After all we have accomplished please remember where our help and sources come from. I pray to God that you accomplish your goals. Thank you girl, love YOU!. Contact: tyler.cedar.@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mary Jo,

    This course has been a wonderful one for me because; I got to know you. Thank you for your opinions and support in this communication course. This class is unusual because; you never really get to know anyone on a personal level until now. I wish you nothing but good things as you take your journey into early childhood learning. Children are blessed to have all us caring for them. Good luck and keep in touch.

    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary Jo,
    I am so glad that I have had the opportunity to get to know you. It has been great to hear of your experiences with the QRIS in your state. I wish you the best in your work and in your future classes. I hope that we will have classes together again. If not feel free to contact me through my work e-mail at anytime- terris@nwir.org.

    ReplyDelete